Most dynamo lights are designed mainly for commuting on semi-lit city streets. The high beam doesn't spread too widely for concern of blinding oncoming traffic.
The beam of the Trail Light is wider to illuminate objects around the direction you are going. You can make out trees, bushes, rocks better, which makes it ideal for rural use.
The Trail Beam also features a micro USB charging port which is activated when the light is turned off. (There is enough power for charging when the light is operating)
– CNC'd 6061 aircraft grade aluminum
– 600 lumens
– Waterproof IP65
– Capacitor allows light output to continue up to 5 minutes while bike is stopped
– On/off switch
– 5v Micro USB port allows charging of devices when bike is moving and light is switched off. USB cable not included.
– Input voltage AC 6V
– Output voltage DC 6V
Why a Dynamo Light over common battery-powered lights?
– No need for batteries or recharging
– No worries of forgetting to recharge
– No worries of forgetting to bring it on the ride, because it is in the charger.
– Less likely to be stolen since there are wires